COVID-19 RELATED HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
HKC is firmly committed to helping protect the health and safety of our employees and clients. During this time, we will increase our health and safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Additional measures will be included in compliance with requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, associated regulations and public health directives issued by the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Best practices have been adopted as important measures to help prevent the spread of germs, including, but not limited to:
- Posting policies and communications regarding COVID-19 on all job sites and in office
- Covering site operations
- Site sanitation
- Illnesses reports
- Practices to ensure physical distancing and work schedule changes. This includes moving furniture around, staggering start times, breaks and lunches. Holding meetings in an outside or large space to enable physical distancing
- Frequent hand washing
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROGRAM
“No one Gets Hurt”
The Joint Health and Safety committee of HKC are committed to the health and safety of its employees and for all who are involved in our projects.
We are committed to continuing improvement toward an accident-free workplace through effective administration, education and training.
Our philosophy is that the well-being of our company and clients are dependent on the health and safety or our workforce. HKC promises that every precaution reasonable in all circumstances will be taken for the protection of all workers. No job is to be regarded so urgent that time cannot be taken to do so in a safe manner. The welfare of everyone involved is our greatest concern.
HKC provides an extensive health and safety training program for all its employees.
We verify that all subs trades are also compliant and have the appropriate certifications/ qualifications before starting any projects.
- All workers are certified and trained in daily safety procedures and fall- arrest procedures
- Site supervisors hold daily safety talks on various topics that are site specific
- Pre-hazard assessment forms are filled daily
- Tool and vehicle inspections are performed weekly
- We provide First AID /CPR courses to all site supervisors
- We encourage reporting on every incident and near misses
HKC has implemented new technology, both in the office and at jobsites, in order to improve financial management and project management – including enhanced safety practices.
We understand that communication is one of the outmost important pieces in running a flawless project, which is why we have incorporated leading edge project management software into our operations. Clients and stakeholders will be given full access to our project management software which allows for 24/7 full transparency, and clear, precise understanding of the project scope, timeline and budget.
This platform is easily accessible to all personnel within a project, making it easier for construction teams to have a clear line of communication while complying with construction safety regulations.
- Daily inspection inputs
- Predictive modeling
- Easily manage COR Certification data
- Detailed insight reports