HKC works closely with clients and design consultants to determine the best possible phasing and sequence of design and construction activities to expedite the completion of projects.
We take a proactive approach by identifying critical paths and developing a full risk analysis to negate any potential problem areas. HKC works diligently on putting together a customized scope, timeline and budget that our team executes for each individual project.
We design and execute on a plan tailored to our client’s specific project needs and wants. We do not bring a cookie cutter approach to our projects. HKC understands every project is unique, and we celebrate this by customizing each approach to individual projects.
DESIGN & BUILD
HKC’s design-build approach, is the ultimate “turn-key” solution. We are there every step of the way to transform your vision into reality.
We work hand in hand with our clients to provide both design and construction services. Working directly with our trusted and vetted consultants, HKC puts together a dream team of professionals to serve our clients and project stakeholders. Our specialized approach offers speed and accountability by safeguarding the “Iron Triangle”: scope, timeline and budget. Rather than dealing with multiple phases and responsibility, we provide our clients a vertically integrated solution. This single point of contact assures our client will be covered from beginning to end by our team of professionals.
OUR DESIGN-BUILD PROCESS
SITE SELECTION & ANALYSIS
Every project begins with the selection of an appropriate site. HKC assists with:
- Evaluating potential sites, zoning and code conditions
- Analyzing existing infrastructure, wet/dry utilities and any other related factors for all sites
- Creating preliminary site plans that align with municipality guidelines
CONCEPTUAL DESIGN PROPOSAL
Initial concepts take shape as we define the project vision via:
- Detailed site plans, floor plans, and interior/exterior building designs
- A customized client proposal that includes detailed specifications guidelines, budget, and a pre-construction agreement
- Project schedule outlining a full timeline of design, engineering and build
BUDGET & COST CONTROL
With conceptual designs and proposal approval, we ensure adherence to budgets by:
- Control the scope and ensure design intent remains aligned with the established budget
- Generate construction documents that adhere to scope
- Evaluate competitive bids from subcontractors to ensure quality and efficiency
PLAN & PERMIT APPROVAL
Coordinating required documents for permit approval prior to construction, we:
- Manage required documentation with constant communication and transparency
- Route all architectural, engineering and construction comments to drawings
- Coordinating required documents for permit approval prior to construction, we design review boards
During construction, we manage tasks related to on-site activity and ensure:
- All aspects of a build, including construction team and approvals with proactive communication
- Weekly schedules, delivering day – to day objectives that ensure the project is completed on time
- Weekly calls where we will update you with a snapshots of the project
CLOSE OUT & WARRANTY
After completion of any project, we continue to support clients by:
- Providing a warranty for you project
- Offering continued check-ins to ensure complete satisfaction with the project
HKC has established cutting edge methods to actively manage a project, controlling cost and schedule while maximizing value against investments made on the project.
We strive to be a quality driven commercial construction company. Our approach ensures quality staff on-site to plan and execute day-to day activities. Each project has a dedicated project manager, a team of site supervisors, engineers and registered subcontractors.
The services provided includes:
- Permitting, bonding, insurance
- On-site construction supervision
- Master scheduling
- Cost and quality control
- Shop drawings review
- Health and safety protocols
RESTORATION | RENOVATIONS | REBUILDS
INTERIOR/EXTERIOR RESTORATION PROJECTS
- Exterior Wall Repairs
- Masonry and Stonework Repairs
- Heritage Building Restoration
- Weatherproofing and Moisture Protection
- Balcony Concrete Rehabilitation & Railing Replacement
- Waterproofing Parking Garages
- Ramp Replacements
INTERIOR/ EXTERIOR RENOVATIONS PROJECTS
- Suite Unit Turnovers Renovations
- Corridor and Lobby Renovations
- Interior/Exterior Amenities
INTERIOR/ EXTERIOR RENOVATIONS PROJECTS
- Structural Footings and Piers Replacement
- Parking Structure Rehabilitation
- Garage Ramps Replacement
- Fence Replacements
Every aspect of your project, from concept to completion, is handled by our team on your behalf through our project management service.
A single point of contact connects you to the full spectrum of trades and consultants who will realize your vision. We work with Toronto’s leading tradesmen that will ensure that your project will go beyond your expectations. We offer in-house project coordinators, project managers, site foremen and full construction crews.